March 2017

Relationship between Motivation and Efficient Learning

Chen Zhiyan

Abstract Regarded as the most important element in so many individual factors of language learning, the effection to learning efficiency can not be ignored. By introducing the definition of motivation , research situation about motivation in western countries and in our country and the motivation theories and its types, by analyzing the function of some correlation theories with motivation in language learning, the author carried on the motive investigation to juniorⅡ students from Changxing middle school in Guangzhou, and tried to prove that the good motivation can enhance learning efficient. Meanwhile, this paper is also attempt to enumerate some strategies and methods about how to motivate and train learning motivation so that foreign teachers can motivate learners’ motivation and make it to be maintained, and then learners’ study efficiency can be improved.

Keywords: motivation; learning; stratege; interesting;efficient


Full Text 2017.1.1-6

Personal epistemology, and its Effects on Teaching and Learning

Marwan Alwreaikat

Abstract Beliefs that a learner has about concepts to do with learning have crucial implications for the effectiveness of their learning. The two concepts I will focus on are intelligence and knowledge, and my concern will be with adult learners.In regard to knowledge, a pertinent term is personal epistemology – the beliefs one has about what knowledge is, how it is acquired, and how we know what we know.Beliefs are hugely influenced by one’s life experiences and interpretations of experience and by the wider social/cultural/political climate. This would suggest that beliefs are susceptible to change and development. So a further aspect of personal epistemology is the factors that bring about such changes.Changes in the wider culture can transform attitudes to knowledge. For example, in recent times the ability to learn has come to be more valued than attaining a specific body of knowledge.

Keywords: Beliefs, Learning, Personal epistemology

Full Text 2017.1.7-13

Web based Learning: Implications for Learning and Motivation

Choo Zher Charlene

Abstract Over the past decade there have been a number of studies examining student persistence and achievement among adult distance learners. Financial cost, disruption to family life, and a lack of employer support were reported by Merisotis and Phipps (1999) as contributors to higher distance education dropout rates. These results are consistent with previous research that identifies monetary costs and family problems as deterrents to adult participation in education. There are an increasing number of Web-based learning environments (‘Webworlds’) created for software engineering education. The term ‘Webworlds’ is suggested in Chalk (1999), based on Seymour Papert’s concept of a microworld which “can be manipulated by the learner, providing an environment for active learning”. This paper investigates implications of web based learning on learning and motivation.

Keywords: Web based Learnin, Learning, Motivation

Full Text 2017.1.14-20

Mediating Role of Self-efficacy of Students in the Relationship between Problem solving Skills and Managing Drinking Water Consumption

Fatemeh Mahzounzadeh Bushehri

Abstract This study aimed to determine the relationship between problem solving and managing water consumption through the mediation of efficacy. Research based on the purpose is an applied research and due to the method was descriptive and correlational. The population includes high school students in 2015-2016 in Bushehr. In this study, using multi-stage cluster sampling method and sample size was calculated 244 using Cochran formula. The findings suggest that the causal model given in good brush and a total of variables can be explained 59 percent of variance in the management of drinking water. The results showed that problem-solving skills in addition to the direct impact, indirectly through self-management also affects water consumption by students.

Keywords: self-efficacy, water consumption management, problem-solving skills.

Full Text 2017.1.21-26

Investigating the Role of Press in Training of Professional Citizens

Younes Gheisizadeh

Abstract The aim of this study is investigating the role of press, in training of Professional citizens. 232 citizens in the city of Bushehr, who actively participate in society and the press are regularly reader, were selected by stratified sampling method. To assess the effect of the media in educating citizens in four parts “of citizenship”, “citizenship beliefs,” “intellectual skills of citizenship” and “skills citizen participation” used the survey and a researcher- made questionnaire technique. The results show that there is a significant relationship between the press and the professional education of the citizens. Correlation coefficient indicates that there is significant correlation coefficient between the press and the professional training of citizens is 0.18 and between the study press and citizenship knowledge is 0.16 and between the study press and religious training citizenship is 0.17 and between the study press and civic participation skill training is 0.15 in 95 percent confidence levels and these hypothesis are confirmed.

Keywords: citizenship, education and citizenship education, communication, media effects, press.

Full Text 2017.1.27-32

The Gadamer’s Philosophical Hermeneutics Results Planning from the Erspective of Teaching Philosophy to Children Matthews

Atefeh Yousefi, Zohreh Saadatmand, Mohammad Reza Eshghi

Abstract This study aimed to analyze and explain the philosophical hermeneutics of Gadamer’s achievements and teaching philosophy to children. To achieve the objectives of the research, analysis and content analysis of documents in order to collect, characterize and compare the data. This study using content analysis was performed using an open or intellectual, teaching philosophy to children as a model in education, need to rely on philosophical speculation and research. In addition, the use of hermeneutics in various fields including education students to create questions, but research on teaching philosophy to children, as an emerging field of science, education is among the latest in a growing horizons to build up new. Strengthening skills including reasoning, the same distinction, judgment and good judgment, critical thinking, creative and responsible is. Confidence and ability to solve problems in children will rise significantly.

Keywords: Philosophy for children, Education, Iranian intellectual stories.

Full Text 2017.1.33-42

The Effectiveness of the Selected Content of Literary Texts on Social Function and Adaptability of Elementary Students

Hamide Mahoozi

Abstract The aim of this study is The Effectiveness of the Selected Content of Literary Texts on Social Function and Adaptability of Elementary Students in Bushehr City. In this research, a quasi-experimental design with pre-test and post-test design with control group was used. A simple random sampling method was used to select the sample. 60 individuals were selected randomly (two groups of 30 in the experimental and control groups) as sample size from among the statistical population. Results showed that There is a significant difference between the experimental and control groups in terms of social function and adaptability variables (p = 0.0001). The average social performance score in the subjects in the experimental group (under the teaching of riddles) was higher in the post-test than in the control group. Mean score of social performance in subjects the experimental group (subjects under the training of riddles) is significantly more than the control group. And the mean of adaptability scores in subjects in the experimental group (under the training of riddles) was higher in the post-test than in the control group. Mean score of adaptability in subjects the experimental group is significantly more than the control group. The average social performance score in the experimental group (under the instruction of the proverbs) in the post-test was more than that of the control group. Mean score of social performance in subjects the experimental group (subjects tested by proverbs) is significantly more than the control group. the mean of adaptability score in subjects in the experimental group (under the teaching of proverbs) was higher in the post-test than in the control group. Mean score of adaptability in subjects the experimental group (subjects under the instruction of proverbs) is significantly more than the control group. Therefore, we conclude that children should be given parental and community attention from the first years of life.

Keywords: Literary Texts, Social Function, Adaptability, Students

Full Text 2017.1.43-49


The Effect of Dimensions of Philosophical Mindedness of Managers on Self-esteem of Students in Second Grade Secondary School

Maryam Ebrahimi and Reza Farashbandi

Abstract The aim of this study is the effect of dimensions of philosophical Mindedness of managers on self-esteem of student’s second grade secondary school in Bushehr city. The research method is descriptive-correlational. The statistical population of this research includes 7476 secondary school students in Bushehr city in 2016. In this research, the sample size of the Cochran sample was calculated with a population of 7476 people at 95% confidence level with a probability of 5% error, the sample size was 365 people. The sampling method is a multi-stage cluster method. Result showed that   insight of managers has a significant effect on self-esteem F = 8.22 (P <0.005).  Comprehensive of managers has a significant effect on self-esteem F = 6.46 (P <0.012). Flexibility of managers has a significant effect on self-esteem.

Keywords: philosophical Mindedness, self-esteem, students

Full Text 2017.1.50-54